This is just a quick blog to import and configure your Gmail contacts into Mozilla Thunderbird email client.
Follow the below steps:
- Gmail –> Contacts –> More Actions. Select “Export” option (img 1)
- Select the contact group (if you want to export any specific list) else select “All Contacts”. Select “Outlook CSV format” as export format. Click “Export” button and save the file on your computer (img 2)
- In Thunderbird, Select Tools –> Address Book (img 3)
- Select “Address Books” as the import item (img 4)
- Select “Text File” as file type to import (img 5)
- Match the fields that you want to import to Thunderbird. The left column indicates the field in Thunderbird and the right column indicates the field in the google exported CSV file. At least make sure to match Name (Last Name, first Name with corresponding field on right column) and “Primary Email” with “E-mail Address” for the contacts to be imported properly (img 6).
- The Gmail contacts should now be available in your Thunderbird email client.