This is just to put together some of the issues [none of them critical or showstoppers for me] that I found after installing the latest CyanogenMod 6 stable release. But I must say I simply love CyanogenMods. He always takes the Android to new heights raising the bar and expectations of his fan following which is growing exponentially.
Please note that my listing the issues and finding workarounds for some of them is just an attempt to help the new comers come out of their panic state without freaking and waiting for other’s to respond to their queries.
1. Video Recording Setting had certain important settings disabled. Refer the below screenshots. [
Still looking for a solution on this. Found the solution. See the bottom of this post.]
2. Battery started draining like anything as compared to CM R3. [ Calibrating the battery solved my problem]
3. Not able to login into Twitter [Cold booting (shutdown completely and then start) the system a couple of times just worked]
4. Enabling settings for displaying Battery percentage (on Status bar inside battery icon [CyanogenMod settings—> User Interface –> Status bar –> Battery percentage]) did not work. [Cold booting (shutdown completely and then start) the system a couple of times just worked]
5. Though not an issue, but was a kind of irritating for me. LauncherPro was excluded (at least I could not find after the installation) in the final release. [Installed from the Market].
But inspite of all these minor quirks I am loving my Nexus One more than ever 🙂
Thanks to Cyanogen for the awesome work !
[Update]: My bad. There is a “Custom” option under “Video Quality” menu. Selecting Custom option will enable all (and some additional hidden settings) in Video on your device :).