Textpad is a Windows based Text Editor like “Notepad” with more advanced features.
- Unzip the macro and copy it in the default macro location for your Textpad installation.
- To know what is the default macro location for your textpad installation:
(the default location is C:\Documents and Settings\UsrName\Application Data\Helios\TextPad\5.0)
- Launch Textpad.
- Goto Configure –> Preferences –> Folders
- There you can see Macros as a FileType. The location against this FileType is the default location for Macros.
- Copy the unzipped macro file (Step 1) at this location.
- Restart Textpad editor and goto Configure –> Preferences –> Macros
- You can see your macro in the “Macros Available” box.
- Select your macro and click “Add”, “Apply”, “Ok”.
- To verify the macro installation goto “Macros” menu. You should be able to see your macro as a submenu item there.
You are done with your macro installation.
- Open the file on which you want to run the macro.
- Select “Macros –> yourMacro”. This will run the macro for the configured range (you can run a macro:
- on a selection
- on the complete file